Magic of Persia Foundation
Established in 2004, MOP Foundation promotes Iranian art and culture to a wider audience outside of Iran, and strives to make a notable contribution to its long-term advancement worldwide. This is accomplished by establishing programmes in modern and contemporary Iranian art, music, media and academia in partnership with world-class institutions.
The Magic of Persia Contemporary Art Prize (MOP CAP); a global search for the next generation of Iranian visual artists.
Family days bringing together more than 120,000 people at the British Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum in London.
Art residencies and exhibitions for young Iranian artists at the Delfina Foundation, Parasol unit and Saatchi Gallery in London.
Scholarships and grants in higher education at the Royal College of Art, London Film School, and Goldsmiths University in London.
A series of artists’ panel discussions entitled ‘Different Perspectives on Modern and Contemporary Iranian Art’ in collaboration with the British Museum.
The charity’s primary source of funding derives from the auction of artwork generously donated by established and emerging Iranian artists. Conducted by Christie’s and held in Europe and the Middle East, the success of these fundraising events relies entirely on the participation and support of artists and patrons alike. Sponsorships from organisations and individuals also support MOP’s various projects.
More about MOP Foundation
Magic of Persia's Beneficiaries
Magic of Persia supports a number of charity organisations and development programs. Our beneficiaries include:
– Omid Foundation, London
– Popli Khalatbari Charitable Foundation, London
– Snowflake School for Children with Autism, London as well as Ilia School, Shahr-e-Rey
– Future Centre for Special Needs, Abu Dhabi
– Gray Matters- British Museum, London
– Kids Company
– Saatchi Gallery Education Programme
– Delfina Foundation, Artist Residency, London
– Goldsmith College, University of London, Master of Research Curatorial/Knowledge, London
– London Film School, MA Filmmaking scholarships, London
– Parasol unit, Education workshops and residency, London
– Gasworks, Artist Residency, London
– Royal College of Art, Educational grants, London
– Publication Grants
– Sponsorship of Symposia Iranica, Iranian Studies, University of St Andrews, Fife
– Art Exhibition sponsorship at SOAS University, London
– Art Exhibition sponsorship at Parasol unit, London
– MOP CAP 2015, London & Dubai
Omid Foundations; http://www.omid-e-mehr.org/
Popli Khalatbari Charitable Foundation; http://www.pkcf.com
Snowflake School; http://www.snowflakeschool.org.uk/
Future Centre; http://www.future-centre.org
Gray Matters; http://www.graymatters.org.uk/
Kids Company; http://www.kidsco.org.uk
Saatchi Gallery ; http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/
Delfina Foundation; http://delfinafoundation.com
Goldsmiths University of London; http://www.gold.ac.uk
London Film School; http://www.lfs.org.uk/
Parasol Unit; http://parasol-unit.org
Royal College of Art; http://www.rca.ac.uk
Art and Patronage Summit; http://www.apsummit.com/
MOP CAP; www.mopcap.com